Sunday, May 17, 2009

Support your Local Brewery-Day 7 Last Day

Its the last day of American Craft Brew Week and we have been supporting our local brewers all week. I hope you have. Now for our last beer review for the week. A friend brought it over for us to try with a homemade pizza, that's the agreement, we feed her she brings beer, good arrangement if I don't say.

Jeremy and Amanda's Beer Review: Widmer Brothers Drifter Pale Ale

So, in the sense of full disclosure, Widmer Brothers brewery is partially owned by Anheuser Busch. Anheuser Busch is a minority owner and Widmer Brothers uses Anheuser's wholesale distribution market. My first impression: I like, a very mild malty beer with a distinct citrus flavor, crisp taste. Jeremy's first impression: Grapefruit aroma and undertones of grapefruit taste. Not overly hoppy and a malty finish. Ratebeer.com gave the Drifter an 83%. I definitely would buy it again for a good summer time ale.

A little about the brewery: Widmer Brothers Brewery
Widmer Brothers was founded in 1984 in Portland, Oregon. Widmer Brothers pioneered the world's first American-style Hefeweizen. Widmer Brothers purchased Redhook Brewery located in Seattle, WA in 2007.

No comments: